If it’s not rational, it’s political! How much time and energy have you already invested into tying to navigate through and deal with disruptive behaviors? Handling these disruptive, abrasive and bullying behaviors successfully requires some non-traditional training. This advanced session is more than ‘winning with difficult people’. Without this kind of training, you’re in the battlefield unprotected.
What You Will Learn:
- What is Workplace Bullying exactly?
- How is workplace bullying different from working with a difficult person?
- How to determine if you are being bullied or not – and what to do about it.
- The approach to take with a difficult person vs. a bully – they are they different!
- What motivates a bully? Why do they do it?
- The top common bullying tactics used and how you can overcome them.
- What to do if you are a target: specific steps to cope and gain your confidence back.
- The best thing you can do to help someone else who is being bullied.
You will leave with a blue print implementation plan of:
- Being able to create trust with all stakeholders and lead them through, not around the ‘issues’.
- How to lead through the “he says, she says” scenario with employees. How to handle the ‘who do I believe’ challenge.
- A process you can use to fully understand ‘what happened’ and how to resolve staff issues, disagreements and any disruptive behavior.
- A plan to limit time spent worrying and trying to assess and help everyone and still remain effective.
- What to do if you feel you’ve displayed bullying behaviors – how to recover and create true respectful followership.
- Understanding when and how to hold a 3-way mediation and when to hold an intervention: they are different!
- What to do if you don’t have the support you need and How to support those that reach out to you for help.
You will leave with a renewed sense of confidence because you will know what to do!